- complete our online form www.dmca.com/submit_abuse
- Email DMCA.com directly email@example.com
Abuse examples of the DMCA.com Webpage Certificate would be:
- when the DMCA.com Webpage Certificate is used to protect (copyright) content, published on a webpage without the permission of the (copyright) owner
- when the DMCA.com Webpage Certificate is used to protect content which is illegal in Canada, in the jurisdiction of the website owner, the content owner or the copyright owner
Abuse Reporting Process:
As part of DMCA.com's global Protection Badge Terms of Service, content owners that find their infringed content protected by the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Certificate may request DMCA.com to contact the Protection Badge and Certificate user on their behalf. Should the Protection Badge and Certificate user not respond as per the DMCA Process, DMCA.com reserves the right to stop delivery of the certificate and mark it "unauthorized".
Website users that find the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Certificate being used in contravention of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the DMCA Protection Badge may report this misuse directly directly firstname.lastname@example.org. DMCA.com shall follow up on the report of abuse and take action. This action may include directly contacting the owner of the website where the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Certificate are found to be in contravention of the Protection Badge Terms of Service. Should the owner of the website not respond DMCA.com may remove the badge or make the protection status certificate "unauthorized". Further if upon review of the website DMCA.com find the badge and status certificate to be used in contravention of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the DMCA Protection Badge DMCA.com will list the status certificate page as "unauthorized" and ban the website from further using DMCA.com services.
Other important links:
- Website Protection Certificate and Status page - Terms and Conditions
- What is the DMCA.com Website Status Page and Protection Certificate
- What is a Website Protection Certificate and Status page
- What does "Verified" status mean?
- What does "Unverified" status mean?
- What does "Unauthorized" status mean?