DMCA.com provides a comprehensive group of services locate and monitor your content.
- Professional Research Services
DMCA.com's website level Protection Pro service accomplishes the entry level portion of content protection and enforcement. However a number of our clients often require the additional help of the DMCA.com Professional Services team. Our clients are content owners, creators, developers, distributors or sellers. They range from movie distribution companies, advertisers, personalities, entertainers, bands, gaming production houses, etc. Whether their business is music, video, graphics, pictures or games, we know how to look for it, where to find it and how to get it down!. Our highly experienced Professional services team know all the websites, domains, ISP's and OSP's that perpetrate the largest amount of content theft on the internet.
Part of DMCA.com's Professional Services program is to monitor and report on the theft (infringement) and security of our client's (copyright) content on a predetermined timeline.
DMCA.com has a retainer and "pay as you go" program for these professional services.
Standard Site Monitoring services are designed to look at single sites for infringements:
- Service Demonstration Instructions on how to monitor your content on a single website - step by step instructions on how to use the DMCA.com monitoring service to scan and search a single website for stolen copies of your content.
- Website Monitoring Content Monitoring Service for Single Website - clients can monitor a single site for a specific list of copyright violations.
- Takedown Site Monitoring Content Monitoring for a Single Website from a Takedown Notice Service - clients can monitor a single site for a specific list of copyright violations as part of a completed takedown notice.
- Takedown Site Tracking Content Tracking for a Single Website from a Takedown Notice Service - clients can track the success of their processed and filed takedown notices. Know when a site removes your stolen content without having to login everyday.
Standard Internet Monitoring services are designed to scan the internet for infringements:
- Service Demonstration Instructions on how to monitor your content on the internet - step by step instructions on how to use the DMCA.com monitoring service to scan and search the internet for stolen copies of your content.
- Internet Monitoring Content Monitoring of the Internet Service - clients can monitor the internet for a specific list of copyright violations.
- Takedown Notice Internet Monitoring Content Monitoring of the Internet from a Takedown Notice Service - clients can monitor the internet for a specific list of copyright violations referenced in their takedown notice.
- Personal Content Monitoring Personal Content Internet Monitoring Service - clients can monitor the internet for any personal content that may have been posted without their permission.
All Professionally managed monitoring services are conducted using client supplied specific content.
- client content is monitored for theft (infringement) and security on a predetermined interval. This interval is usually monthly but often shorter times are employed for live or short term events. There are two monitoring services offered:
- one time or irregular intervals - generally for concerts, film releases, sporting events - especially events that will be broadcast online
- continuous or regular interval - generally for publishers releasing content on a continuous or ongoing bases. This interval is usually monthly
- at the end of the interval period DMCA.com will provide a reports on extent of infringement (if there is any)
Monitoring is conducted using both manpower and DMCA.com's massive cloud based indexing and processing network. The combination of the two provides an exceedingly comprehensive view of the state of infringement on client content.
Note: Geo Location and / or Network specific monitoring is a standard request for content owners. Often this relates to a specific launch, broadcast, work or client area that needs a higher level of review.
Please see specific service information here: Research and Monitoring Services checklist
Sign up for Professional Monitoring services here: Monitoring Services Request
Interval reports will show the extent of copyright infringement found within the specific client supplied search parameters, during the monitoring interval time. Reports will show:
- total number of infringements found by count and list
- location of infringements by URL
- total number of takedowns
- estimated price to conduct total takedowns
- network, ISP / OSP and geographic locations as required by client.
Note: These reports may be further customized to meet specific requirements of a board of directors, law firm or marketing agency.
It is important to point out that research is key element of this entire service. DMCA.com management highly recommends to commence this work with a full spectrum research project to determine the extent of any copyright infringement. Without this initial research being completed it is difficult to establish the ideal monthly monitoring and reporting conditions.
Professional Content Status Research Services
DMCA.com provides a professional research engagement process, under contract, with specific terms and conditions clearly laid out.
DMCA.com believes both people and machines are needed to be successful in locating content online
Our process starts and ends with people, with the machines employed in the middle to process the massive data searching, indexing, compiling and filtering.
The standard process for commencing (and quoting) research work of this nature is to first know all the title(s) of (all) the content that has been infringed or subject to research.
While this may appear to be obvious statement is often more complex than the term and exercise suggests. The speed at which content is disseminated on the internet has been widely described as incredible. Compounding the speed of the dissemination of the content is the simultaneously morphing or changes (like a virus) of elements of the content. Specifically, it is often the title or content description that changes. Particularly content that is part of a community or “fan base” Often this kind of content will be specifically named in terms understood or related (often only) to the fan base.
Click here for Content Checklist specifics: Professional Research and monitoring services content checklist
Once the content profile(s) have been completed the actual research work of matching content infringement conditions commences. This is where DMCA.com’s unique technology platform is used to locate additional factors related to the research content profile(s).
Once this process has been completed the DMCA.com research staff review the findings to confirm and verify results. Ultimately it is this verified list that becomes the research report results.
The technology used with all DMCA.com’s research projects is the core technology platform that makes up DMCA.com’s Monitoring service.
This technology platform provides the user with the ability to create and build a content profile then search for, locate and add as many additional factors required to make the most comprehensive content profile.
Once the complete profiles are built the DMCA.com search platform provides the ability to use the internet’s most powerful search engines to locate content. With several substantial advantages over the single user search profile most commonly experienced by everyday internet users.
Research and Monitoring Service Platform details:
- Direct API connection. DMCA.com’s search service platform is directly connected through API to the search engine. This provides the ability to add the substantial amounts of search terms and references attached to the content profile to be simultaneously searched.
- No user profile conditions – everyone that uses search engines as a single user often experience search results specific to their user profile or geography. DMCA.com search platform allows search without profiles.
- Global Search referencing - everyone that uses search engines as a single user often experience search results specific to their geography – region or country. Not so with DMCA.com. The DMCA.com Content Delivery Network (CDN) is spread across the planet in over 34 countries (and growing) this vast network is used to provide the DMCA.com Protection Badge which our client’s place on their websites and other content. This very large CDN provides our search program the ability to access the prebuilt content profile searches from multiple geographic locations suitable or matching the content profile.
- Indexing – The DMCA.com search program provides search results in scaling real time display that allows the reader to process, organize, review and verify vast search results. This is not available to the single user search engine experience. Especially not when considering the significant amount of content input required when searching a full content profile with a completed factors list
- Results Rating – DMCA.com provides a rating system on the results based on the accuracy when compared to the content profile and profile factors. This rating scale increases the time required to verify the results by a human
- Multiple search engine comparison – search results found on one search engine can be compared to results found on another. This cross platform comparison provides increased veracity of the results.
- Machine Learning or AI – Once search results are returned by the DMCA.com search program the user is able to approve or reject website listings found that are specific to the content profile and profile factors. This process improves further real time searching and use of search engines to provide better results
- Verification and Optimization for takedown processing – search results are easily scanned and reviewed to verify their accuracy as infringing content. Single click of the verified results are then selected to be processed for takedown.
- DMCA.com Index – DMCA.com maintains a proprietary index of websites which is accessed directly through the DMCA.com search platform.
All research is conducted using both manpower and DMCA.com's massive cloud based indexing and processing network. The combination of the two provides an exceedingly comprehensive list of infringement on client content.
Examples of the research engagement conditions are:
- comprehensive list of content - by title, author, owner, code, etc
- specific locations of infringements by country, region or network or OSP
- range of content - video, pictures, graphics, code, text etc
- content publication or copyright dates
- infringement dates
- advertising and marketing exclusion zones by titles, author, code specifics etc
- affiliate or re-seller exclusion zones by titles, author, code specifics etc
DMCA.com brings a wealth of experience with regards to conducting a thorough research project. Copyright infringement research is highly sophisticated work as theft (infringement) of content is not always blatant and obvious.
DMCA.com search results have been submitted in the past for review by Board of Governors, C suites, copyright(s) owners, law firms, financial firms.
Sign up for Professional Research Services here: Research Services Request