NOT LEGAL ADVICE - We're trying for as unbiased assesment as possible and we hope it's usefull for you but please consult your own attorneys
These articles are provided free for public use and sharing, please link back to DMCA.com/articles
- » NFTs and How They Work With Copyright What are NFTs, and what do they mean for copyright – both for buyers and creators?
- » Twitch DMCA Storm Leaves Creators Reeling and Seeking Answers Giant streaming site Twitch.tv, last week sent its community into uproar with a storm of copyright takedown emails.
- » "Yout" Files Lawsuit Against RIAA in Stream-Ripping Tool Rematch Yout’s lawsuit against the RIAA has revived a question whether stream-ripping tools breach protections under the DMCA. Here’s what we think about it.
- » Congress Includes Surprise Provision in COVID Relief Bill – Makes Illegal For-Profit Streaming a Felony On December 21, 2020, the US Congress passed the long awaited coronavirus relief and government spending bill, approving a mammoth $2 trillion for disbursement. But ensconced deep within the 5,000-page legislation were a few copyright-related provisions most didn’t see coming.
- » What is a DMCA Strike? What should you know about DMCA strikes, what to do about them, and how content-hosting sites manage these strikes? Here’s all you need to know.
- » Akilah Obviously vs Sargon of Akkad – Implications for Creators In February 2020, the long running copyright lawsuit between Akilah Hughes and Carl Benjamin came to an end.
- » Mahlmann vs Thunderf00t On Feb 24 2021, YouTuber Thunderf00t surprised his fans by uploading a video titled “I’m getting sued for 15 seconds of video.” Apparently, he said that another YouTuber, Trevor Mahlmann, threatened to take legal action against him for using his video in a larger video made by Thunderf00t.
- » The Java Wars: Oracle vs Google The legal dispute between Oracle and Google began in August 2010 when Oracle filed an $8 billion lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for Northern California. Now that it has come to an end, here’s our analysis of the issues.