"Verified" means the Website Certificate belongs to a paid DMCA.com Protection Pro subscriber.
- DMCA.com has validated the Website Certificate owner's DMCA.com account.
- The website owner is eligible for all the protection and enforcement services provided under their DMCA.com Protection Pro account.
If you want to join and be a part of the internet's most recognized content protection community:
- Upgrade the status of your Website Certificate Click Here to Get Verified.
- Once paid your active account starts immediately and the "Verified" Certificate status occurs within 24 hours.
DMCA.com Fast Tip
Over 75% of all client takedowns are multiple takedowns. It is not uncommon for one client to require several hundred takedowns.
What is the DMCA.com Website Certificate?
The DMCA Protection Certificate shows the webpage it is monitoring and protecting. It clearly identifies a number of key pieces of information for site users and owners to know the webpage is connected to is protected. It also clearly states the content on that page is the property of the site owner or is used under permission of the site owner.
There are three kinds of Protection Certificates
Protection Certificates that are upgraded to Protection Pro service level. These certificates have no outstanding copyright infringement claims against the website that have been registered with DMCA.com.
Protection Certificates that are under the Free protection service level, this is available for all website owners who register their badge. These certificates have no outstanding copyright infringement claims against the website that have been registered with DMCA.com.
Protection Certificates and Badges that are being used to protect copyright content without permission. Or that the site owner has not responded to copyright notices or cease and desist notices.
What is the DMCA.com Protection Badge?
DMCA.com Protection Badge is an icon or graphic placed on websites all across the internet as a layer of protection for the contents contained on the website. All must link to a DMCA.com Website Protection Certificate. There are over 300 versions of the DMCA Protection Badge, and many contain the words DMCA and Protection. If you cannot find something that matches your site, you can custom create your own badge.
The DMCA Protection Badge is a placed on a site for two reasons:
- As a link to the website's content ownership statement certificate.
- To add a Certificate to each of your website pages.
Our site thrives from our unique content. When it gets stolen; our business is immediately impacted. DMCA.com actively monitors our website and is quick to get illegally distributed material offline. Much more cost and time efficient than having to go to our lawyer each time a page is stolen! Highly recommended! - Ryan, IMGrind.com
Why should I add a DMCA.com Protection Badge and Certificate to my website?
Getting a DMCA.com Protection Pro Badge and Webpage Certificate gets you:
- Access to the complete Do It Yourself Protection Pro case management system.
- Upgrades your participation in the internet's most recognized content protection community.
- Gets you a Protection Pro Account Profile - clickable link for users to know who you are and your position on content protection.
- Increases your statement of ownership of the content on your website. A verified certificate shows website users you are more committed to protecting the content on your website.
- Demonstrates to users you have a business relationship with DMCA.com which provides you with the means to both protect and enforce your content ownership and rights.
DMCA.com delivers HTTPS Validated Website Protection Certificates for paying Protection Pro clients. Click Here for HTTPS Details
Related DMCA Takedown FAQ's
- What is the DMCA Protected Badge
- What is DMCA Website Status Page and Protection Certificate
- What if I found the DMCA Protected Badge on a site with stolen content
- How do I Report Abuse of DMCA Website Protection Badge?
- What is DMCA.com