If you have found a DMCA.com Protection Badge and Website Certificate on website / webpage you believe is publishing your content without your permission we can help.
- Click here to Complete the form if you are the owner of the content we will notify the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Website Certificate owner. The Terms of Service and Use regarding the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Website Certificate requires the site owner to reply. Should they not reply, the site and website certificate will marked "Unauthorized" by DMCA.com and the protection statement will be removed.
- or you can submit a standard takedown notice against that site. Start Your Takedown
- Please Note: As stipulated in law, DMCA.com cannot process a Takedown Notice for free and/or a takedown notice not created by the owner of the content.
Often stolen content is published online without the permission or knowledge of the website and platform owners. In the past the takedown process can be expensive, difficult and take too much time for all the parties involved. One of the benefits of the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Website Certificate is to make the takedown notification process better. Cheap (or free) easier and faster. If a content owner finds their content published on a website without their permission and that website has a badge the effort required to get that content down becomes much easier. In the very worse case scenario if the website or platform with the badge fails to comply or the DMCA.com Protection Badge and Website Certificate has been stolen, that site gets marked "Unauthorized" by DMCA.com and the protection statement will be removed. This Advises anyone visiting the site the content contained within is being published without the permission of the owner.
The DMCA.com Protected Badge and Website Certificate does NOT prevent owners of their content from processing a Takedown Notice against that website owner.
In fact, having the DMCA Badge on a website with illegally hosted content is a good thing because it means you actually have a point of contact to communicate with regarding the stolen content.
However by law DMCA.com cannot advise the site owner of a claim of stolen content unless the claimant is the owner of the content.
If you have identified a DMCA.com Protected site with stolen content simply complete the DMCA Takedown form. Go to: Start Your Takedown and complete the form.
As per the act, we cannot submit takedown applications on your behalf anonymously.
Some examples of stolen content that we work with everyday are:
- Pictures - of you or taken by you
- Videos - of you or taken by you
- Profiles or Bio's - personal or corporate
If one of these examples is like your situation we can help.