The most effective method of removing your stolen content from another website is to file a DMCA Takedown.
To get started: Complete the form here.
If someone has stolen your content and is publishing it without your permission on another website, DMCA.com can help. Simply submit the name and location of where you found your stolen content and we go to work on your behalf.
Most DMCA Takedown clients are:
- People that have found their personal content (pictures or videos) hosted on another website without their permission
- Organizations (corporate and non-profit) that found their content (as listed below) published on another website without their permission. Generally done to steal business, traffic or SEO rankings.
If these examples describe you, DMCA.com can help.
Some examples of stolen content that we work with everyday are:
- Profiles or Bio's - personal or corporate
If one of these examples is like your situation we can help. You can begin by submitting the takedown form here.
DMCA Fast Tip
The sooner you start your takedown request the better. This helps prevent additional copies of your work being spread to other websites.
What do I need in order to file a DMCA Takedown Notice?
Three simple pieces of information are needed to file a DMCA Takedown Notice
- Description of Ownership - what is the content owner's name and how was the content stolen. How is this content yours? How do you own it? Created it, bought it, copyright etc. Who is claiming ownership of the content? Who is authorized to file the DMCA Takedown?
- Infringing URL - where on the internet (or platform like Facebook or TikTok) is your stolen content located. What is the link?
- Source URL - where was your content located when it was stolen. If it was not online you can reference cell phone, computer, cloud storage or camera etc.
If you are unsure on how to answer about any of these three information categories the Professional Takedown Team at DMCA.com can help with the answers.
Who is able to file a DMCA Takedown?
- copyright owners
- content creators/owners
- code writers and publishers
- content publishers or distributors (with permission of the content or copyright owners)
- NFT owners
- subject contained within the content and published without permission (special considerations may be required)
- social media users and participants
DMCA Takedown Testimonial
When I discovered that someone had copied and displayed my Copyrighted material in a Group at Facebook, I tried to get rid of it in several ways. I was unsuccessful until I contacted the proffessionals at DMCA.COM, and ordered a Professional Takedown. Within a very short timespan they were able to get all my pictures removed, I am impressed with this organization - Highly Recommended! Henrik Abel
How long does it take to complete the Takedown form?
The DMCA.com Takedown form takes about 3 minutes to fill out. We will do the rest for you, our goal at DMCA.com is to make the process as fast and easy as possible.
What types of websites will process DMCA Takedowns?
Infringing content is removed or "taken down" from many different websites and platforms. Here is a small example list where content is removed online:
- by the website owner upon receipt of a DMCA Takedown Notice from the, or on behalf of, the content owner, distributor, publisher etc.
- by the by the ISP or Hosting company of the website that is publishing the infringing content. This occurs because the website owner has not voluntarily complied with a DMCA Notice and the ISP or Hosting company must comply with the Takedown notice.
- from a UCG (User Generated Content) Platform (like Facebook and TikTok), upon receipt of a DMCA Takedown Notice sent by or on behalf of the infringed content owner, distributor, publisher etc.
- by the website owner, upon receipt of a DMCA Takedown Notice from the website owner's ISP / Hosting company. This would occur when ISP / Hosting company receives a notice sent by or on behalf of the content owner, distributor, publisher etc.
- when an infringing website is taken down or taken "offline" by it's ISP or Hosting company. This occurs because the website owner does not voluntarily comply with a Takedown notice as described above.
These Takedown actions occur upon receipt of a DMCA Takedown Notice which uses stipulations laid out in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. (DMCA). This Act directly addresses the takedown of (copyright) infringed content from a website which is publishing content in violation of copyright protection act or content being used without permission or not in accordance to the sworn statement of the content owner.
Simply Stated:, there are many ways content may be removed but they process starts with a Takedown Notice.
Which websites use DMCA?
If a website uses the DMCA they will usually place a reference in the footer of the website. The clickthrough should clearly state the conditions of the DMCA Takedown process. Many websites reference the DMCA.com Takedown Notice form on this website directly. If you are unsure or the website unclear, click here to complete your takedown request: DMCA Takedown Form. Our professional team will connect your takedown request to the right website.
Related DMCA Takedown FAQ's
- What is the DMCA Protected Badge
- What is DMCA Protection
- What is DMCA Takedowns
- What is DMCA.com
- What is DMCA Protected Certificate
- What is DMCA Website Certificate
- What is DMCA Website Status Page and Protection Certificate