If someone has copied your entire website and is hosting it somewhere else, DMCA.com can help.
There has been a rapid increase of popular websites being copied verbatim and re-hosted elsewhere. This is designed to steal your SEO or Search Engine Index status to capitalize on (Google) search engine traffic and ultimately steal your site traffic and clients. DMCA.com has helped many clients where this has happened. Often the first signs this has happened to you will be:
- A drop on google page ranking. Where your website may have dropped from page 1 to 2 or 22. and
- A drop in traffic
- A drop in click throughs and client traffic
What should I do if my entire website has been copied?
- Start a takedown now Professional Takedown Service It takes less than 3 minutes to complete.
- Check the appropriate box on the DMCA form to "swear" the content is yours
- Make sure to submit a complete list of everything that has been stolen from your website. Includes items like:
- Advertising and marketing collateral (images, video and text)
- Payment gateway information
DMCA.com's takedown form is very easy to complete. Simply submit the infringing name / URL HTTP link location, where you found your copied site and we can go to work on your behalf.
What types of content can be stolen from my website?
- Pictures - business services collateral, marketing and advertising images, product pages and images etc
- Videos - promotional videos, advertising, marketing, product placement, testimonials etc
- Profiles or Bio's - personal or corporate
If one of these examples has been stolen from you, we can probably help.
You can also submit a question regarding your takedown or case here: As a question!
DMCA Takedown Fast Tip
For entire website takedown requests we will need roughly 20 examples of infringements for the request to be processed. Be sure to list these in the Takedown Form so our DMCA.com Takedown Professionals have the best information to process your request.
What information should I provide if my entire website has been copied?
Three pieces of information will be needed to file your request:
1. Infringing URL
Where on the internet is your stolen content located? Is it a platform like Facebook or TikTok? Where on the website is the link that you want content removed from? Be sure to provide the exact URL or website/webpage link of what you want removed. If the stolen content is an video or image located on a website provide the direct link contained in the site. Copy and paste infringing text, and provide the URL of the infringing image if required.
Here's an example: https://www.badguy_site.com/webpage/image_2
2. Source URL
Where was your content stolen from? Was it on you social media profile like Facebook, TikTok or Reddit? Was it from your website? Provide the exact URL it was stolen from, even if the content has already been removed from it's original location. The original URL is still valuable. If it was not online you can reference computer, cell phone, or camera etc. Provide the link if it was online such as a website or cloud storage to the exact page it was stolen from. You can upload the original content to a cloud storage service and provide that URL with an expalanation of where it was originally stolen from.
Here's an example: https://share.icloud.com/photos/my_original_content
3. Description of Ownership
How was the content stolen and what is the content owner's name? How do you own the content? Did you create it, buy it, copyright it? Who is authorized to file the DMCA Takedown? Who is claiming ownership of the content? When did you create the content and when was the content stolen?
Here's an example: "My photo I took of myself on my camera was stolen from my Google Drive and was posted on this website without my knowledge and I would like it removed."
If you are unsure how to collect the information for these three categories the Professional Takedown Team at DMCA.com can help with the answers. Click here to ask us about your situation.
DMCA Takedown Testimonial
It is not nice to have your work stolen and posted by people who ignore copyright. It is worse when those people openly flout their theft and hide behind a maze of hosts. When I found the DMCA(.com) website it attracted me firstly because of the claims made, but mostely because of the offer to refund if unsuccessful. In this case I fully expected a 'sorry' and a refund. That was not the case..!! Obviously it takes time to go through the necessary steps so don't expect an overnight miracle. DO expect a thoroughly professional service. DO expect daily updates. DO expect results. I have no doubt you will not be disappointed. -Joy R
Who can do file a Takedown for an entire website?
- content publishers or distributors (with permission of the content or copyright owners)
- NFT owners
- copyright owners
- code writers and publishers
- social media users and participants
- content creators/owners
- subject contained within the content and published without permission (special considerations may be required)
If the list above does not appear to describe your situation by all means ask. Click here to Ask us about your situation
How do I add DMCA to protect my entire website?
DMCA.com's first recommendation is to contact a lawyer or law firm in the legal jurisdiction of your company or website to determine what is the appropriate legal communication. DMCA.com does not offer any legal advice or specific recommendation regarding any copyright practice.
DMCA.com has two programs to help content creators, publishers and UGC platforms:
- Content Publishers or Platforms of User Generated Content (UGC) should use the DMCA Compliance program - Get Compliant - adding a compliance badge to your site instantly takes the guess work and time out of processing DMCA Takedown notices on your site.
- Content Creators and Publishers (without UGC) should use DMCA.com Protection Pro - Content Protection - it is essential to add an ownership statement to all your content. Registering and adding your content and website to this program is click through easy. There is even a Free program so getting started is easy.
If you are unsure what program is best for your situation by all means reach out and one of the DMCA.com team can provide support: Help Me Choose the right option.
Related DMCA Takedown FAQ's
- What is the DMCA Protected Badge
- What is DMCA Protection
- What is DMCA Takedowns
- What is DMCA.com
- What is DMCA Protected Certificate
- What is DMCA Website Certificate
- What is DMCA Website Status Page and Protection Certificate